The Gurdon Institute has worked to embed green attitudes across its staff, students and researchers through encouraging individuals to join colleagues in signing up to environmental pledges.
In 2012, the first Carbon Pledge launched the Institute's involvement in the ECRP and started the behaviour change campaign that went on to be a benchmark of success for the University moving forwards.
This initial pledge and subsequent promotion of the Green Impact scheme led to a revised environmental pledge for both new and old members.
The Gurdon Carbon Pledge (2012)
- I will Think Green
- I will endeavour to reduce my energy consumption & carbon footprint wherever practicable.
The Gurdon Pledge 2013
- To encourage and support the Gurdon to reduce our environmental footprint
- To think creatively, suggest ideas and participate in our campaign
- To take action to improve our sustainability in the workplace and at home (where practical)
- To continue to save energy and to recycle.
For further details, contact Kathy Hilton (K.Hilton@gurdon.cam.ac.uk) at the Gurdon Institute.